Each of the insured family members should have a nominee.
How many nominies can one have ?
How many nominees can one have?
Is the insured value based on my income?
The insured value for a health insurance policy is the maximum amount that you want to provide towards Hospitalisation / treatment. It is an amount decided by you and will depend on the size of your family, ages of the family members, any history of family illness and the amount of premium you would like to set aside for this purpose. So, it is not directly based on your income, though your income will decide the amount of premium you are willing to bear.
What are the various exclusions in your Policy?
There are certain ailments that are not covered for the First year, but are covered subsequently such as
- Benign Prostatic Hypertrophy
- Myomectomy, Hysterectomy or menorrhagia or fibromyoma unless because of malignancy
- Dilation and curettage
- Hernia, hydrocele, congenital internal disease, fistula in anus, sinusitis
- Skin and all internal tumors/ cysts/nodules/ polyps of any kind including breast lumps unless malignant /adenoids and hemorrhoids
- Dialysis required for chronic renal failure
- Gastric and Duodenal ulcers
- Disease/ Injury existing before inception of health insurance policy, also called pre-existing disease, is only covered from the 3rd year of the policy in case of a Gold & Silver Plan (after 2 continuous renewals) and from the 5th year onwards in case of a Standard Plan (after 4 continuous renewals)
Apart from these there is a list of permanent exclusions mentioned in your policy document. It includes any disease contracted during the first 30 days of inception of policy, non-allopathic treatment, pregnancy & childbirth related diseases, Intentional self-injury, injury under influence of alcohol, drugs; diseases such as HIV or AIDS, etc.
What is a health card?
A health card is an identity card that is sent to you when the policy is issued. A Health Card that can be produced at the time of admission into a hospital for using the cashless facility.